Total Pageviews

Friday, March 14, 2014

Card Dance

For this assignment we were to make 9 images dance. I created 2. First, I made a diagonal gradient in Photoshop for the base in After Effects. Then, I took 9 random images from previous assignments, compiled them into one Photoshop file and imported it into AE. In Comp 2 I key framed a simple rotation on the gradient. In Comp 3 I added card dance to my image and tried various settings to see what worked best. This was a fun assignment. I always enjoy learning new things that can be done in After Effects. The second one I created was a collage of Seattle Storm pictures I've taken over the years.

Thursday, March 13, 2014

HTML game

We had to create a game for this assignment using Construct 2. I had to create a Player, Monster, Bullet and Explosion. I made a spaceship and a green space monster in Illustrator and an explosion in Photoshop using brushes. First I inserted a background. Then the objects were inserted into the game program and various behaviors were set for each one. Once all objects were inserted, events and actions had to be added so that the game would run. There is tutorial online to set up a basic game, it was very helpful. It is different than Game Salad, where the events and actions are already in place. Constuct 2 offers more variety on what happens in the game.

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Card Game

For this assignment, we had to create four illustrations for the card game The Wall. The illustrations were to be of a card back, wall section, wall reinforcement and damage. My design is of diamond plating. For reinforcement, I created steel strips and a drill for the rivets. For the damage card, I made a bomb, similar to the old Road Runner cartoons.


This assignment required the creation of 4 web pages using Wordpress. I used my kl5ferdesigns logo and a few images from previous assignments. It took a little time to get familiar with navigating Wordpress, but it became easier once I got the hang of it. I kept it simple, nothing fancy. The pages can be viewed at:

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Email Newsletter

An email newsletter sounds basic, but it was more involved than I expected. I decided to make one for kl5ferdesigns, like an inaugural newsletter announcing the design services I can provide, along with images of things I've created. I found out the hard way that each image needs to be uploaded prior to uploading the entire folder, in order to get the web address for each image. In Dreamweaver, the image web address must be copied/pasted into the Src box. Normally, the Src would be the image location in the folder. Once it's on the website, I selected all, copied it and pasted it into an email. I gave it a test run by emailing it to myself. It's basic, but ok.

Web Template

For this assignment, we were to find a web page template and make it our own. I chose a gallery template to put art and photos into. It took some time to change the color of the navigation buttons because I had to find the right class style. Then, I had to search the CSS styles to locate the gallery slider in order to change the size. The numbers had to be changed in 3 different classes. It took some effort, but I'm pleased with the result.  It's clean and simple.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Shape Animation

We were required to animate shapes for this assignment in After Effects. I enjoy using After Effects because it's fun and I always learn something new. I haven't even discovered half the things that AE is capable of doing. First, I made a ground and sky background. Then, I converted text (tree), into shapes and animated each letter. I turned the "T" into a tree trunk and added leaves that are animated. I made a sun pulse across the sky using stroke/dashes and changing the width of the dashes. Using a star shape, I changed the number of points and used "pucker and bloat", altering the "amount", to make them into flowers. Then I changed them back and had them rise into a night sky. I created a cow in Illustrator that I imported into AE and set key frames to make it jump over the moon. I changed the width of the dashes in two different strokes to animate the moon. In Premiere Pro, I chose a country tune for the music because it fit with the cow.