Total Pageviews

Friday, January 31, 2014

j Query Gallery

For this assignment, we created another gallery, similar to a slideshow, using jQuery script. It opens and runs on the web. For the images, I chose ones I've created in my various classes. In Dreamweaver, I inserted a header for my masthead (with my logo) and provided a description of each image. It is a simple gallery, but I enjoyed this assignment as well.   Here is a link to my jQuery Gallery:  

3D Gallery

The goal of this assignment was to create a 3D gallery. I loaded 10 images of my various creative endeavors. I set them in two rows and moved the camera so each image was viewed. I enjoy setting camera movements, I think it's fun. Unfortunately, I forgot that After Effects plays slower than Premier Pro, so it turned out a little faster than I intended. I liked this assignment, it was fun.

Vinyl Sign

For this assignment we had to create an illustration to make a vinyl sign. I used my logo, kl5fer designs. A bit boring, but it works. I had no issues creating it, but quite a few putting the sticker together. I had problems with everything sticking to each other and with lining each piece accurately in the oval. The 3rd one turned out decent. The photo is of my 2nd try, on my truck. It could be good advertising.

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Font Set - lowercase

Assignment 5 was the creation of a lowercase font set, numbers 0-9 and " , . ! I decided to use the same foliage brush that I used for the capital letters so that I had one complete font set. I found the lowercase letters to be a bit more complicated then the caps. The brush I chose was not designed for round or circular strokes, so I used the direct selection tool to move or alter points of the stroke. At times, I would also expand the appearance on a stroke in order to reflect or rotate it. The brush was not ideal for punctuation either, but as it is decorative there shouldn't really be a need for it. I wish I had more time to tweak the set, but overall I like how it looks.

Font Set - Caps

For assignment 4, we were required to create a font set of capital letters (lowercase in a future assignment). Once again, the tricky part is coming up with an idea. I searched through a bunch of AI brushes to find one that would work in creating a font. I found a foliage brush and used that to create a very decorative font. Getting each letter to look right took some effort, as the brush was naturally curved. Some letters were more work than others. It would be difficult to read as body text, but it would look good as a title or other decorative use.

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Tacoma Blows video

For assignment 1, we had to use Photoshop, Flash, After Effects and Premiere Pro. Flash isn't my favorite program because it doesn't work like the others, but I manage. At times, the most difficult part of the assignment is coming up with an idea of what to do.

The assignment required an original photo and the use of 3 different brush types to add effects to the photo. I chose a photo I took of Downtown Tacoma and brushes to simulate an explosion, fire and smoke on one of the buildings.

In Flash I created a mask layer for each effect, in order to have the effects appear slowly. I exported a PNG sequence and imported that into After Effects. I used a "distortion bulge" on the fire explosion and a "noise & grain" effect at the end of the video. I don't like that part of my smoke is fire colored, but overall, the video is ok.
Hello, my name is Kendra. Welcome to my blog. I am a 2nd year digital design student and this blog is about building my portfolio. I am so glad I returned to school. Best decision ever. I love all my design classes. They are challenging, but I love all the new things I've learned. I am having a blast. My dream job would be to work for Disney or Pixar, but I would be happy in any job where I can be artistic and creative.