Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Tacoma Blows video

For assignment 1, we had to use Photoshop, Flash, After Effects and Premiere Pro. Flash isn't my favorite program because it doesn't work like the others, but I manage. At times, the most difficult part of the assignment is coming up with an idea of what to do.

The assignment required an original photo and the use of 3 different brush types to add effects to the photo. I chose a photo I took of Downtown Tacoma and brushes to simulate an explosion, fire and smoke on one of the buildings.

In Flash I created a mask layer for each effect, in order to have the effects appear slowly. I exported a PNG sequence and imported that into After Effects. I used a "distortion bulge" on the fire explosion and a "noise & grain" effect at the end of the video. I don't like that part of my smoke is fire colored, but overall, the video is ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment